Idaho Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Yes - Middle and/or high school teachers of Journalism classes would need either an English 6-12 endorsement or a Journalism 6-12 endorsement.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Currently, there is no testing required for the Journalism 6-12 endorsement.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: For anyone applying for any Idaho teacher certification, the program must be either approved by the Idaho State Department of Education directly, or if it is an out-of-state program, it needs to have NCATE or other acceptable national accreditation for our office to accept the program toward Idaho teacher certification.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Idaho DOES belong to the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers and Support Professionals).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Jerry Jensen, Idaho Teacher Certification - (208) 332-6881 orĀ