Indiana Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Yes, if they are teaching journalism, or yearbook/publications.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Currently there is no Praxis II test in journalism that we use. We would evaluate coursework against the content standards for the addition of journalism to a license. We have a new test vendor who will be developing a journalism licensure test in the future.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: Teachers must complete coursework at an accredited institution, but it can be regional or state accreditation.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Indiana belongs to the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers, Support Professionals, and Administrators).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Risa Regnier,