Kansas Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Yes - Kansas does have a journalism endorsement for the 6-12 level. This endorsement is required to teach journalism classes.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Kansas requires a pedagogy test and content test for initial licensure. Then to add any additional endorsements, content tests are required.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: In order to get a journalism endorsement in Kansas, the applicant must complete a state approved journalism program and apply to add the endorsement. Currently we do not have a content test for journalism.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Kansas DOES belong to the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers Support Professionals and Administrators).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Lori Adams, lsieve@ksde.org