Maine Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: No - Maine offers a secondary and a middle level English/Language Arts endorsement.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Yes - secondary English requires Praxis II, test # 0041 and the middle level, Test # 0049. (Praxis I, II and PLT)
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: Not specifically, a person must have a conferred bachelor's degree from a 4-yr accredited college/university. An applicant could become certified by meeting certification requirements without completing an approved program.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Maine DOES belong to the Interstate Certification Compact, the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers and Support Professionals).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Janet Gallahger,

Anne Wehrman,