Minnesota Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: No - Minnesota no longer issues a license for journalism. To teach journalism in Minnesota a person needs to be licensed in Communication Arts and Literature or hold the following previously issued licenses: English/Language Arts, English-Humanities or Journalism.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): Please visit our website for testing information.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: See Minnesota document.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Minnesota does NOT belong to the Interstate Certification Compact but do allow for temporary licensing of qualified out-of-state applicants (see below). Courses or competencies in Special Education ARE required. A program in Human Relations IS required. Minnesota has a standards-based licensure system; evidence of proficiency and/or portfolios are helpful. For complete details, visit their web site.

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Debby Odell, MDE, debby.odell@state.mn.us