Nevada Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Yes - a license and endorsement is required.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): There is no subject area test requirement. However, they will have to take the Praxis basic skills test, PLT, and the state test covering school law, NV constitution, and US constitution if it is not covered by coursework that has been taken.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: No
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Nevada DOES belong to the NASDTEC Interstate Certification Agreement (All areas).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Dr. Jerry Barbee,

The best way to obtain additional general teacher information is to contact specific information on licensure, contact