North Carolina Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: No
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): N/A
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: NCATE is required for graduation from a teacher licensure program from the Public Universities (N=16) and it's optional for the Privates.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: North Carolina DOES belong to the Interstate Certification Compact and the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers, Support Professional, Administrators, and Vocational Educators).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Cathy Rouse,

Those with questions can contact the Licensure or Teacher Education Departments at NC Department of Public Instruction.