Utah Teaching Certifications

View Another State

Information currently listed:

  • Journalism Teaching Endorsement: Yes - In order to be qualified to provide instruction in a Journalism course in Utah the teacher must hold an appropriate Utah Educator license with either an English endorsement or a Journalism endorsement.
  • Pass state assessment or certification test/s (tests needed): The English endorsement currently requires passage of the Praxis II 0041 and the Journalism endorsement does not require passage of a content examination.
  • NCATE or National Accreditation required: Yes - To receive an Educator license in Utah, an individual must hold an ECE License.
  • Accepts candidates from states participating in the NASDTEC Interstate Contract: Utah DOES belong to the Interstate Certification Compact and the NASDTEC Interstate Contract (Teachers, Support Professionals, Administrators, and Vocational Educators).

Resources currently listed:

Information from:

Travis Rawlings, Travis.Rawlings@schools.utah.gov

Educators seeking more information can contact Dr. Christelle Estrada.