SAS Event: Creating a Sense of Belonging
SAS celebrates disability Awareness Month- the 'd' is intentionally lower case to emphasize people's ability rather than disability. Please join Student Accessibility Services (SAS) along with faculty and staff.
Breakout A: Voices of Disability Experience at Kent State University (KSC 313)
Students, faculty, and staff with a range of disabilities share their personal stories relating to their experiences at Kent State University which have both strengthened and challenged their sense of belonging within the University Community of identity and suggestions to promote inclusivity.
Keynote: Promoting a Sense of Belonging In and Out of the Classroom
10 minute presentations from colleagues representing the following areas:
- In the classroom: Center for Teaching and Learning
- In the online learning environment: Office of Continuing and Distance Education
- In the co-curricular space: Center for Student Involvement and/or Residence Life
- Across campus: Flashes take care of Flashes: Great Place Initiative Student Subcommittee
- Group discussion and opportunity for questions
Breakout B: Interactive Sense of Belonging Reflection (KSC 318)
A sneak peek at the Disability as Diversity training from the Great Place Initiative Ad Hoc Committee on Disability. This session provides an opportunity to challenge assumptions about disability and to learn about disability from a first-person perspective.