Meritorious activity in teaching is identified through a consistent demonstration of high-quality dedication to instruction, as is evidenced through the following means:
Teaching recognition as evidenced by the following:
- National teaching award
- University teaching award or finalist
- Teaching development grant from KSU
- College teaching award or finalist
- Student Evaluation of Instruction scores
- Peer reviews
Faculty must list courses taught organized by term; the departmental office will provide results from student evaluations. Faculty may also add documentation of innovations used in the classroom for consideration.
Teaching enrichment and development activities as evidenced by the following:
- Attending continuing education workshops
- Developing new courses
- Extensive revision of existing courses
Documentation and justification must be provided for any of these activities, and where relevant, support on how the activity is related to teaching.