Fall 2019 Updates
University Dining Services continually strives to provide the best quality and service to the students, faculty and staff we serve every day. Based on feedback we received, we have made adjustments to some of our dining locations and menus for this academic year. We’re focusing our resources to provide the greatest variety of food options where the most need is.
- We’ve adjusted hours at Golden Flash Bistro and Summit Street Cafe.
- The Schwebel Room will now be utilized as a private event space available to be rented out. Please visit University Events & Conference Services page for more information on booking a space for your upcoming event.
- We’ve closed CUE Express and the bowling alley.
- Expanded offerings are available at our 19 other dining locations.
- We’ve added a variety of plant-based and healthy options at Eastway Fresh Food Co., The Market and Prentice Dining Room.
- We’ve opened a new restaurant, The Patio, on the lower level of the student center. It features pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese, gourmet burgers and chicken wings, as well as interactive games.
Please visit our Hours of Operation page for more information about adjusted hours.
Eastway cafe renovations
Eastway Fresh Food Company is now open! Students visiting Eastway Fresh Food Company can now swipe their FLASHcard and have full access into the updated all-you-care-to-eat dining hall. Guests are able to watch their food be cooked fresh, right in front of them at the Transformation Kitchen, Vegan & Vegetarian Station, Produce Market & Deli, Home Zone and Grill Station.
Renderings of The Eastway Fresh Food Company
The Market and prentice renovations
The Market and Prentice Cafe have also been renovated and are now open! Both dining halls are all-you-care-to-eat dining locations and offer fresh, new menu offerings. Students entering The Market or Prentice Cafe can swipe their FLASHcard and have full access into the updated all-you-care-to-eat dining hall. The Market has also extended hours through dinner Monday through Thursday.
Renderings of Kent Market 2 and Prentice Cafe
Golden Flash Bistro and EINSTEIN BROS. BAGELS Renovations
Two additional locations in the Kent Student Center recieved updates over the summer. The Golden Flash Bistro, located on the first floor of the Student Center, has been completely renovated.
Einstein Bros. Bagels in The HUB has also been renovated to enhance the overall look and feel of this location.
Seasoned Markets now open at REGIONAL CAMPUSES
Two new Seasoned Markets have opened at Kent State University Twinsburg Academic Center and Kent State University East Liverpool. The Seasoned Markets serve an assortment of sandwiches, salads, wraps, snacks, coffee and convenience items for students to grab on the go!
New Starbucks location on the Lester A. Lefton Esplanade
Construction has been completed for the new fully-licensed Starbucks location on the Lester A. Lefton Esplanade. The location showcases beautiful pieces of art, including one designed by Kent State Graduate Student, Shannon Hamilton. We are excited to share her story about this project and how University Dining Services helped her discover her purpose. The location is now open Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Renderings of Starbucks
Have questions ?
If you have any other questions about renovations or meal plans, you can contact University Dining Services by calling (330) 672-2541 or by emailing email@example.com.