Kent State of Well-being Featured Meals
Kent State of Well-being is the university-wide effort to promote wellness. We strive to create a healthy environment and to prioritize the health and wellness of our community inside all of our Dining Locations. 50% of the meals we offer in our All-You-Care-To-Eat Dining locations meet the Kent State of Well-being nutrition criteria. We also offer a Kent State of Well-being Featured Meal at every meal period at our All-You-Care-To-Eat Dining locations. Those dishes will have a Kent State of Well-being sticker located on the nutrition card so they can be easily identified.
Criteria for Kent State of Well-being Featured Meals:
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner features average no more than 2,000 calories and 2,000 mg of sodium per day.
- Main dishes and sandwiches – 500 calories or less. No dish higher than 650 calories
- Soups and sides- 300 calories or less
- Main dishes, sandwiches, soups and sides – 400 mg of sodium or less
- Breads, pastas, pizzas, flatbreads, cereals, and sides –all whole grain options or contain wheat as the leading item in the ingredient list
For more information on this effort, visit the Kent State of Well-being homepage.