Campus Visit Expectations
The purpose of the campus-visit to Kent State University is for academic enrichment and an opportunity for the student who otherwise may not have the privilege to seriously explore their possibilities in higher education. These college visits serve to help students and their families see college in their future as they “Aspire on it. Plan on it. Act on it.” Group campus visits are therefore intentionally, informationally, and inspirationally organized with the prospective college student in mind, and are NOT intended for site-seeing or general school fieldtrip purposes.
The Pipeline Campus Visit program encourages students to consider college as part of their future plans. Therefore, information provided is tailored to suit the general preparations necessary to attend 4 year colleges and universities. We are truly excited that you have chosen to visit Kent State University and we hope your experience is worthwhile. Before your visit, we are requesting that you review the following expectations.
- Early is on time and on time is late! (If your group is late we may not be able to fully accommodate your visit).
- To cancel your visit, immediately notify Baté Agbor-Baiyee at email@example.com and (330) - 672- 9212
- KSU can only host a max of 80 students for each campus visit
- Encourage/prepare your students to come ready with relevant questions
- Visiting groups should provide 1 chaperone per 10 - 15 students.
- Chaperones are responsible for keeping students with their group at all times.
- Chaperones should be actively involved in the visit—participating in the group tour, sharing meals with students, and monitoring student behavior.
- Chaperones should assist in keeping the group visit on schedule.
- Chaperones are responsible for making sure that their students are aware of and understand expectations for proper student behavior.
Kent State University, first and foremost, is an educational institution, and we ask that your students and chaperones be respectful of our campus, students, and staff throughout your visit. Kent State University expects our visiting students to;
- Have lots of fun
- Experience the wonders of college life
- Follow directions at all times
- Stay with the group at all times
- Raise your hand to ask questions
- Stay attentive and keep away from electronic devices
- Use our inside voice at the times
- Respect each other
To take pictures or videos of your experience, do so preferably in outdoor spaces only.
Your cooperation with the above expectations is greatly appreciated and assures that we will continue to have successful campus visits in the future. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact Baté Agbor-Baiyee at (330) -672-9212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that your group enjoys your visit and will come back and see us again!
Go Golden Flashes!!!