I am the Interim Executive Director for the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, I lead the division's human resources, fiscal/budget creation & monitoring and communications. A significant portion of my job also includes directly assisting the Vice President with high level projects and serving on several university committees.
Prior to coming to KSU, I worked in both the corporate and non-profit sectors in top-tier management positions, serving lastly as Director of the Foster Grandparent Program for Summit County at Akron Summit Community Action.
Favorite place on the Kent campus:
Our campus is absolutely gorgeous and so maintained beautifully. My favorite place is outside, walking this beautiful campus when the weather is conducive.
Best advice for students:
My advice to students, no matter the category, is to make certain that they are confident in their own abilities. College or work life is not for the faint of heart! Confidence in your abilities will propel you even when there is fear. Confidence will eliminate nay-sayers!
- 2019 Kent State University Ambassador on the Steve Harvey Show
- Graduate and Class President of Inaugural Leadership Akron Diversity on Boards
- Leadership Portage County
- Outstanding Leader- Ohio Association of Community Action Council
- Chapter Adviser - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc