- Any group nominated for the Award must be a unit of the KSU community (all eight campuses). This group includes but is not limited to: Divisions, Departments, Schools, Offices, and Centers. Student groups are not eligible for this award.
- No group shall be eligible to receive the award more than once every three years.
- Nominees for the Award may be any group whose primary responsibilities are not focused on diversity and inclusion, but who routinely and voluntarily makes diversity and inclusion a priority in much of what they do; or the nominee may be one whose major responsibilities are implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives, but who also consistently explores unique ways to go above and beyond expectations.
- Nominees’ actions must reflect progressive change in areas of inclusive excellence in diversity. Nominees may be recognized for programs, policies, procedures, curriculum, instruction, recruitment, retention, promotion, and/or avocation as related to successful diversity initiatives.
- If a selection committee member’s unit is nominated, the member shall abstain from voting for the awardee
Beverly J. Warren Unity Award for Diversity
The Beverly J. Warren Unity Award for Diversity recognizes the contributions of any Kent State University unit that demonstrates significant contributions in the areas of diversity, equity, and/or inclusion. The Unity Award for Diversity honors units for their commitment to implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives. The award recipient is announced during Kent State's annual Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration.