OLTS EXIT SURVEY INSTRUCTIONS
Contact: Stacia Kaschak 330-672-0729 or smather [at] kent.edu
HOW DO I DETERMINE WHEN TO SURVEY AND WHICH STUDENTS TO SURVEY?
- Survey students with IEPs exiting high school - include students aging out or dropping out.
- Fill out exit survey for students graduating or aging out and contact them by phone one year later.
- Fill out follow up survey for students who have dropped out during the 2017/2018 school year.
- The exit survey link will be open April 1, 2018 and closed on July 1, 2018.
All Exit Surveys are DUE by June 30, 2019.
HOW DO I OBTAIN SURVEYS?
- Regional trainings will be held at the State Support Teams. Ohio and regional data will be presented. Participants will be trained in the implementation of this process and the OLTS surveys will be available at that time.
- If you cannot make any regional training, email Stacia Kaschak at smather [at] kent.edu and:
- State how many surveys you would like based on the projected number of graduates.
- Provide a person and mailing address to send the surveys
- Schedule a time to speak with Stacia and discuss these instructions.
HOW DO I CONDUCT THE OLTS EXIT IN-SCHOOL TRANSITION SURVEY (PAGES 1-3)?
- Complete the cover page “Permission Form” of the survey packet by:
- Obtaining the student’s permission, unless there is a guardian.
- Obtaining as many ways of reaching the student as possible.
- Storing this page for future reference. (Do not send to Kent State.)
- Complete the “Record Review (EMIS)” section (page 1 of Exit Survey) using student records and EMIS data. (Please provide your name as the contact person.)
- Schedule a meeting with the student (Exit meeting?) and complete the “Exit Interview” section (pages 2 and 3 of Exit Survey)
- Verbally conduct the survey and paraphrase questions as needed.
- Leave questions blank for no response and code N/A if not applicable
ENTERING THE DATA ON THE OLTS EXIT SURVEY WEBSITE*
- Identify one person to enter the OLTS data online.
- You may access the OLTS Exit Survey at: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0d170TukNEhdZ7T
- Enter one survey at a time and type the data as reported.
- When you have completed the survey, you will be directed to a new page to enter the next survey. Your data will be stored in our database.
- When you have entered all your exit surveys, you may exit out of the system.
*If you are unable to access the survey online, please scan and email the record review and exit survey to Stacia Kaschak at smather [at] kent.edu (). Please include your district name and IRN in the email subject.