Photos from 2022 Ireland trip by Julia Hallgren
Human Development and Family Studies Study Abroad Experience
Open to all Majors—counts towards Experiential Learning Requirements!
Location: Dublin, Galway, and the village of Kinvara
Time: Dates of travel to be determined
- Course: HDFS 42089 or HDFS 52089
- No. of Credits: 3 credits
- Instructor: Maureen Blankemeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This Summer I course provides an analysis of interpersonal relationships and families in Ireland and the US Societal influences on families such as community service, traditions, history, immigration, and the economy are explored
- While traveling to Dublin, Galway and the remote village of Sneem, students will talk to families and family support providers
- The compelling role of religion and history on contemporary families will be highlighted during visits to St. Patrick’s Cathedral and the murals of Belfast, among others
- The Ring of Kerry, Trinity College, the Cliffs of Moher, and other sites will provide the backdrop for experiencing values, traditions, and culture that serve as the foundation for the Irish family.
- Travel to the village of Sneem, visit Blarney Castle, and explore the vibrant cities of Galway, Dublin, and Belfast
- Visit sites including Staigue Fort, the Cliffs of Moher, murals of Belfast, and the Titanic Museum