Faculty Research on Diversity
Dr. Susan Iverson
- Iverson, S.V. (forthcoming, 2012). Constructing outsiders: The discursive framing of access in university diversity policies. Review of Higher Education, 35(2).
- Iverson, S.V. (2011). Glass ceilings and sticky floors: Women and advancement in higher education. Jennifer Martin (Ed.), Women as leaders in education: Succeeding despite inequity, discrimination, and other challenges, volume I: Women's leadership in higher education. Praeger.
- Iverson, S.V. (2010). Producing diversity: A policy discourse analysis of diversity action plans. In Allan, Iverson, & Ropers-Huilman (Eds.), Reconstructing policy analysis in higher education: Feminist poststructural perspectives (pp. 193-213). Routledge.
- Iverson, S.V. (2008). Capitalizing on change: The discursive framing of diversity in U.S. land-grant universities. Equity and Excellence in Education, 41(2), 1-18.
- Iverson, S.V. (2008). Now is the time for change: Reframing diversity planning at land-grant universities. Journal of Extension, 46(1). Article 1FEA3.
- Iverson, S.V. Chapter 32: Camouflaging Power and Privilege: A critical race analysis of university diversity polices. In: Harper, S.R., & Hurtado, S. (Eds.). (2011). Racial and ethnic diversity in higher education (3rd ed., pp. 557-573). ASHE Reader Series, New York: Pearson Custom Publishing.
Dr. Averil McClelland
- McClelland, A., Cushner. K, & Safford, Ph. (2005). Human Diversity in Education: An Integrated Approach (5th edition).
Dr. Dianne Kerr
- Irwin, C.A., Symons, C., Kerr, D. (2009). "Behavioral intervention and behavior toward the obese on a college campus:An exploratory analysis of discriminatory behavior. American Journal of Health Education, 40 (2), 108-119.
- Kerr DL, & Thompson AJ. (October, 2011). LGBT Bullying in the Schools: Will it Really Get Better? 85th American School Health Association Annual Conference, Louisville, KY.
Dr. Jennifer Fisette
- Fisette, J.,& Walton, T.A. (forthcoming). Empowering high school girls as media consumers/producers: Engaging in activist research through visual Methods. In Azzarito, L. & Kirk, D. (Eds.). Pedagogies, physical culture and visual methods. Publication: Book Chapter.
Dr. Steven Rainey
- Janson, C., Guillot Miller, L., & Rainey, S. (2007). From apprehension to advocacy: A Q study into pre-service school counselors' attitudes toward working with students with disabilities. Journal of Special Education Leadership. 20, 73-83.
- Rainey, S. (2007). Affirmative school counseling: Working with gay, lesbian, and questioning student. Professional Issues in Counseling
Dr. Walter Gershon
- Listening to the Sounds of Science is a collaborative research project which began as the study of how process of music making might help mitigate race and gender gaps in urban middle grades classroom.