The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Educational Leadership K-12 is a post master's practitioner program. This is not an interim step between the master and doctoral degrees, but provides preparation for practitioners who wish to hold professional leadership positions such as a director of instruction, a special subject/area coordinator, or a director of staff development. Thirty (30) credit hours of planned graduate study beyond the master's degree is required to receive an Educational Specialist degree.The time limit for completion of the Educational Specialist Degree is 5 years.
- Official Transcripts
- GPA of 3.25 or higher
- 2 letters of reference
- Goal Statement
- Kent State will accept GRE scores for up to 5 years after your test date.
- GRE test was changed as of August 1, 2011. Scores now range from 130 - 170
- GRE requirements if taken before August 1, 2011: 530 verbal, 510 quantitative, 4.5 writing
- GRE requirements if taken after August 1, 2011: 155 verbal, 144 quantitative, 4.5 writing
- The Ed.S. requires the GRE with a score in the 50th percentile or above
EHHS evaluates application files holistically considering GPA, GRE scores, professional experience, interviews, English proficiency, and recommendations. For more information about graduate admission, please visit the Graduate Studies website.