Dr. Mark Kretovics - Program Coordinator
The Master of Education in Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs prepares graduates to assume a wide variety of administrative positions within colleges and universities throughout the world, ranging from entry level to director level. The curriculum, grounded in theory and focused on practice, is designed to reinforce entry-level skills, to support diverse student populations in their development, and to cultivate the skills and competencies necessary to lead and administer programs. Focusing on the “big picture,” students gain an understanding of the complex environment in which they will be working.
Official transcript(s), GRE if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, goal statement, two letters of recommendation, resume or vita, and interview.
The master’s degree requires the successful completion of 45 semester hours of approved graduate study. Graduates are prepared to work as staff and administrators in campus life, career services, judicial affairs, resident services, alumni, admissions, academic success, academic advising, international student services, institutional advancement, upward bound, student disability services, student multicultural center, and undergraduate and graduate studies.
GRADUATE APPLICATION FEE
Masters of Education applications for fall are due by December 15th. On a space available basis, we will consider applications for spring and summer.
Our students study and work at Kent State and gain experience at institutions across the area.
PLAN OF STUDY
- Certificate in Career and Academic Advising
- Certificate in College Teaching
- Certificate in Community College Leadership
- Certificate in International Higher Education
- Certificate in Institutional Research and Assessment
FORMS & DOWNLOADS
- Internship & Practicum Manual
- Application for Practicum, Internship, or Field Experience
- Mid-Term Evaluation for Practicum, Internship, or Field Experience
- Final Evaluation Form for Practicum, Internship, or Field Experience
- Student Evaluation of Practicum
- On-Site Supervisor Evaluation
- Application for Independent Study