Disability Studies and Community Inclusion Certificate
This program enhances a student's career by preparing them to understand the nature of disabilities, meaning of disability in our society, the social, political and health implications of disability, and methods of making our society more inclusive to those who live with disabilities. This minor/certificate is a multidisciplinary undergraduate and graduate program that prepares students to work with individuals with disabilities in a variety of community settings.
The Minor/Certificate on Disabilities Studies and Community Inclusion enhances students' careers as:
- Inclusion Specialists in the Recreation & Park, Tourism & Hospitality,
- Sport Management & Administration,
- Fitness & Exercise industries,
- health industries, and various human service industries.
- Student Accessibility Services-post secondary and collegiate level
- Inclusion/Accessibility/Disability specialization in careers in:
- Political Science, Justice Studies, Sociology,
- Education, Public Health, Youth Development,
- Law, Family Studies, Art Education, Dance Education &
- Performance, Communications, Health Education