Information for Prospective Students
The Kent State University Athletic Training Program has a long tradition of excellence. The program has been guided and molded by several Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association Hall of Famer inductees as well as National Athletic Trainers' Hall of Fame inductees. Currently the program is administered by a faculty of five Athletic Trainers, three who hold terminal degrees.
Master of Science in Athletic Training
Kent State offers a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training that has been accredited for decades. In the Summer of 2019 the program will welcome its first cohort for the new Master of Science in Athletic Training. This program will advance the practice of Athletic Training through innovative courses and an approach built upon inter-professional education. The new MSAT program will have immersive clinical education experiences where students will directly apply what they learn in the classroom.
If you are interested in the new MSAT you are encouraged to apply early. The following are the admissions requirements for the MSAT program:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Completion of prerequisite courses with minimum C grade 1
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE or MCAT scores in the 50th percentile
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 PTE score
Students are expected to have pre-requisite courses in the following areas, all course work will be evaluated for acceptance:
- Basic Athletic Training
- Anatomy and Physiology - including Exercise Physiology
- General Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
Kent State offers a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. The program underwent a comprehensive site visit and review in the spring of 2018. The CAATE determined that the program was in compliance with all 109 standards and awarded continuing accreditation for a 10 year cycle.
Information for students who wish to pursue the BS in Athletic Training is found here.