This notice is to inform you about federal requirements associated with your declared academic program.  Your academic program is designed to prepare students to sit for applicable licensure or certification in Ohio.

However, if you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure or certification and contact information for state licensing boards at Kent State's website for professional licensure disclosure.  Completion of a Kent State program may not meet, or it may not yet be determined if it meets education requirements for a license or certification in another state.

In addition, you should check with your academic program's coordinator with questions about state professional licensing board requirements prior to beginning an internship or field experience in another state.

Please Note: In accordance with federal requirements and as a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement participating institution, Kent State University provides public and direct Professional Licensure Disclosure Statements.  The regulations are published in the Code of Federal Regulations, CFR §668.43, section (a)(5)(v) and section (b).

Kent State makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure or certification information is current; however, state requirements may change. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, jurisprudence exams, etc. If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, it is strongly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing entity in that state to seek information and guidance regarding licensure or certification requirements before beginning an academic program.

For licensing board contact information, educational requirements for licensure and program approval status, please refer to Kent State University’s State Authorization website.