There are a number of optional graduate certificate programs available to supplement the M.A. in Human Development and Family Studies, depending on the student’s professional interests and goals. Completion of one of these certificates will require some extra coursework beyond that required for the M.A. in HDFS.
- Certified Family Life Educator granted through the National Council on Family Relations. Family Life Educators bring family research and best practices to individuals, couples, families and parents via an educational approach in order to build strengths and avert problems.
- Gerontology Graduate Certificate
- Nursing Home Administration Graduate Certificate
- Disability Studies and Community Inclusion Certificate, housed in the Recreation, Park and Tourism Management program.
- Behavior Intervention Specialist Certificate, housed in the Special Education program.
- Autism Spectrum Intervention Specialist Certificate, housed in the Special Education program.