Spotlight Speaker Series
The Nonprofit Spotlight Speaker Series was established in 2016 due to a high level of interest by our students in learning more about the many nonprofit organizations in our community and how they, as future nonprofit professionals, can effectively lead organizations such as these.
The following nonprofit organizations have presented to our university community:
- 2019 - Family & Community Services, Inc.
- 2018 - Hope United and the Summit County Felony Drug Court Turning Point Program
- 2018 - World Relief
- 2017 - Collaborative to End Human Trafficking
- 2016 - Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- 2016 - International Institute of Akron
- 2016 - Battered Women's Shelter and the Rape Crisis Center of Summit and Medina Counties
Our next event in the ongoing Nonprofit Spotlight Speaker Series will be during the Spring 2022 semester. Any students who would like to be a member of the Nonprofit Spotlight Speaker Series Planning Committee can contact Kathy Bergh at firstname.lastname@example.org.