Dr. Jane Cox
Doctoral Program Coordinator for Counselor Education and Supervision.
Jane Cox completed both her master’s degree in Community Counseling and doctoral degree in Counseling and Human Development Services at Kent State University. Prior to coming to KSU, Dr. Cox was an Associate Professor and department chair in the Counselor Education and School Psychology department at the University of Toledo. Dr. Cox also worked as a faculty member and part time staff clinician in a counseling center at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Her areas of scholarly interest include the use of: social construction concepts to counseling practice and the training of counselors; narrative and solution-focused therapies with individuals, couples, and families; and collaborative methods for supervision. Dr. Cox currently serves as the coordinator of the doctoral program in Counselor Education and Supervision.
- Recipient of the 2017 Colleague Award from the School of Lifespan Development & Educational Sciences
- Recipient of the 2015 Outstanding Alumnus Award from the Counseling &Human Development Services Program at Kent State University
- Recipient of a 2015 Mothers, Mentors, and Muses award from Kent State University’s Women’s Center (nominated by six CHDS students)
- Recipient of the 2010 Distinguished Service and Leadership Award from The Counseling and Human Development Services Program, Kent State University
- Recipient of the 2004 “Outstanding Article for 2003” award from the Journal for Specialists in Group Work (co-awardee)
- Recipient of the 2003 ACES Distinguished Mentor award
- Recipient of the 2001 NCACES Outstanding Mentor award
- Served as president (2007-8), secretary (2000-1), and program chair (1997) for the North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NCACES)
- Program chair for the 2007 Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) national conference
- Co-chair of the ACES Doctoral Programs Interest Network
- Reviewer on the editorial board for Counselor Education and Supervision (2004-8)
- President of the Ohio ACES (2011-12)