Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement Cohort
UPCOMING OFF-CAMPUS GIFTED COHORTS
Bedford city schools- beginning summer 2019
gifted cohort details
Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
$421 per credit hour plus $12 distance learning fee
6 classes - 18 credit hrs - 3 semesters
All courses are blended with a combination of face-to-face and online instruction.
WHY GET THE GIFTED ENDORSEMENT?
Six courses are required for the Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement in the state of Ohio.
- EPSY 53529 Nature and Needs of Gifted Children (3 HRS)
- EPSY 53530 Instruction Processes for Gifted Children (3 HRS)
- EPSY 63531 Curriculum Development for Gifted Learners (3 HRS)
- EPSY 63532 Gifted Program Design, Assessment, and Administration (3 HRS)
- EPSY 64892 Advanced Practicum in Special Education: Gifted & Talented (3 HRS)
- EPSY 63535 Social and Emotional Aspects of the Gifted and Special Subpopulations (3 HRS)
About OFF-CAMPUS Cohorts
Kent State University works in partnership with school districts to facilitate off-campus professional development programming for educators in the field. Off-campus cohorts offer reduced graduate tuition for courses instructed at a convenient location within the district. Generally, two courses are offered per term, allowing the Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement to be completed in approximately one year.
Academic Program Contact
Dr. Carol Feldman-Sparber
Graduate Admission Contact
Dr. Mandy Cenker