Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement Cohort
UPCOMING GIFTED COHORTS
Akron city schools- beginning summer 2018
gifted cohort details
Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
$421 per credit hour plus $12 distance learning fee
6 classes - 18 credit hrs - 3 semesters
Blended courses will be a combination of face-to-face and online.
WHY GET THE GIFTED ENDORSEMENT?
Six courses are required for the Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement in the state of Ohio.
- SPED 53529 Nature and Needs of Gifted Children (3 HRS)
- SPED 53530 Instruction Process for Gifted Children (3 HRS)
- SPED 63531 Curriculum Development for Gifted Learners (3 HRS)
- SPED 63532 Program Design, Assessment, and Administration (3 HRS)
- SPED 64892 Advanced Practicum in Special Education: Gifted & Talented (3 HRS)
- SPED 63995 Social and Emotional Aspects of the Gifted and Special Subpopulations (3 HRS)
About OFF-CAMPUS Cohorts
Kent State University works in partnership with school districts to facilitate off-campus professional development programming for educators in the field. Off-campus cohorts offer reduced graduate tuition for courses instructed at a convenient location within the district. Generally, two courses are offered per term, allowing the Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement to be completed in approximately one year.
Academic Program Contact
Dr. Carol Feldman-Sparber
Graduate Admission Contact
Dr. Mandy Cenker