Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate
Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate 100% Online
2019 OHIO SUPERINTENDENT LICENSURE CERTIFICATE COHORT BEGINS JUNE 10, 2019
Students must be admitted by June 1, 2019 for Summer start and August 15, 2019 for Fall start.
The online Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate program will begin June 2019 and run through May 2020. For Fall 2019 admittance, please contact Dr. Gornik or Dr. Cenker to discuss the course sequence and timeline. Tuition rate is $525 per credit hour plus a $12 per credit hour distance learning fee. *Tuition is subject to change.
In order to take the courses required for the superintendent license all applicants must apply for admission into the Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate. All courses required for the certificate are the same courses required for the license. When you complete the 18 hours you will receive an Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate from Kent State University and will have earned the requirements to apply for the superintendent license from the State of Ohio.
- The deadline to apply for the certificate is always the first Friday of the semester in which you are taking your last course by going to http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/ogs/graduation-applications. The certificate is granted by Kent State University and will be posted to your Kent State University transcript.
- You will also need to apply for the license online https://www.kent.edu/ehhs/voss/testing through the VOSS Office. The license is granted by the state.
All coursework for the Ohio Superintendent License Certificate takes place in an online format. The superintendent license requires three years of experience in a position requiring a Principal or Administrative Specialist license. This license requires 18 hours of prescribed coursework. The superintendent license coursework includes a field experience as part of the 18 required hours. This license permits the holder to serve any Pre K-12 administrative position with the exception of School Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Kent State University's Superintendent's Licensure Cohort is an 18 credit on-line program designed to prepare future superintendents for leadership in the 21st Century. The cohort features the latest research and theory, combined with an emphasis on practical experience.
SCHEDULE OF COURSES
All courses are 3 credits. Below outlines the traditional starting semester of summer.
SUMMER (Semester 1)
(COURSES OFFERED CONCURRENTLY)
- EDLE 6/76522 Public School Finance and Economics (5 weeks)
- EDLE 6/76515 Facilities Planning and Administration (5 weeks)
FALL (Semester 2)
(COURSES OFFERED CONSECUTIVELY AS LISTED)
- EDLE 6/76529 Leading for Justice (7.5 weeks)
- EDLE 6/76747 Personnel (7.5 weeks)
SPRING (Semester 3)
(COURSES OFFERED CONCURRENTLY)
- EDLE 6/76534* The Superintendency (7.5 weeks)
- EDLE 6/76492** Internship in Educational Administration (15 weeks)
*At least 1 course from summer or fall is required prior to taking The Superintendency.
**To be completed at the end of the course workload.
All coursework must be taken at Kent State University. Substitutions or modifications are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the certificate coordinator.
CONCURRENT DEGREE PROGRAM
In order to apply all 18 hours of the Ohio Superintendent Licensure Certificate courses, you will need to be accepted into the Educational Leadership K-12 Ed.S. or Ph.D. program before you have completed 12 hours. Visit Educational Leadership K-12 to learn more.
Academic Program Contact
Dr. Mandy Cenker