Online and Blended Learning and Teaching Certificate
For educators interested in the growing field of online instruction, the Educational Technology program offers a certificate in Online and Blended Learning and Teaching. It is not endorsed by the state of Ohio, nor does it confer any official state licensure. It is a federally approved certificate program sponsored by the university.
The certificate is awarded for taking the following three courses, listed below (9 credit hours altogether). The courses can be taken in any order (no prerequisites) and can be combined with the general master’s degree in Educational Technology.
- ETEC 67442 Designing Online and Blended Courses
- ETEC 67444 Teaching Online and Blended Courses
- ETEC 67449 Research in Online and Blended Learning and Teaching
The purpose of the certificate program in Online Learning and Teaching is to provide educators with skills in designing and delivering online courses.
Admission requirements include:
- Apply online as a graduate non-degree student
- A well-written statement of the student's reasons for wanting the certificate
- An undergraduate GPA preferably of at least 3.0 (although lower GPAs may be acceptable, with accompanying supporting statements)