2019 Employee Wellness Offers Announced
In preparation for the new year, check out the updated Employee Wellness Calendar to view and register for your 2019 wellness programs. Highlights include the following:
- Adopting a Healthy Lifestyle Lunch and Learn – On Thursday, Jan. 24, from noon-1 p.m., our presenter, Sandra Bishop, will discuss what does it mean to be healthy. We'll review behaviors and beliefs that make up a healthy life, including an overview of a healthy lifestyle, the basics of healthy eating, the role of exercise, the power of sleep, and how setting and reaching goals empowers us to live well. A light lunch will be provided. Registration is required, and space is limited. Register here to attend.
- Health Coaching – On-site and telephonic health coaching sessions are available. January on-site health coaching dates are available on the Kent Campus on Tuesday, Jan. 8, and Thursday, Jan. 17, in Heer Hall, Room 103 (Employee Wellness Room). Unlimited, telephonic health coaching is also an option for all full-time employees and is available Monday through Friday year-round. To take advantage of this offer to work on your individual health goals, log in to Be Well at portal.bewelldata.com and select "My Appointments" to choose your coaching time and preference.
- Be Well 28-Day Challenges – Check out a variety of 28-day challenges for the new year. Topics include Building a Balanced Breakfast, Exercising Your Brain, Common “Cents” and more.
First up for 2019 is the Build a Balanced Breakfast. Research shows that eating a complete breakfast greatly improves overall health and well-being. This 28-day challenge begins Monday, Jan. 28, and runs through Feb. 24. You’ll learn to start every day with a nutritious breakfast rather than skipping it to accommodate a busy schedule. It doesn't have to take a lot of time to put together a complete and nutritious meal that will power you through the day. Visit our 28-Day Challenges information page and sign up today!
- Financial Wellness – Let our financial wellness team help you to reach your financial well-being goals. Visit our Financial Wellness information page to learn more and register for sessions of your choosing.
- Featured Topics – For spring 2019, we are digging deeper on the topics of resiliency and mindfulness. You won’t want to miss these featured topics delivered in webinar and via live stream for easy access. Both programs are designed to provide opportunity for employee interaction and application to maximize your learning experience. Visit our Featured Topic webpage for more details and to register.
As we look with excitement toward 2019, we most importantly take pause to embrace the present, wish you all a healthy, happy holiday season and hope that the winter break provides the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate.
For more information related to employee wellness programs for faculty and staff, please feel free to contact Kim Hauge, director of employee wellness, at 330-672-7505 or wellness [at] kent.edu.