April Is Gratitude Graffiti Month – Order Your Kits Today
At a time when people are distracted by so much, it is important to stop and take a moment, or two, throughout the day to reflect on those items we are grateful for, big or small.
Gratitude is a gift we give ourselves and our community. Kent State University will participate in the Gratitude Graffiti Project for its second consecutive year. In 2017, there were more than 100 Gratitude Graffiti Stops at all Kent State campuses.
About the Project
The Gratitude Graffiti Project is a practice of purposeful reflection and appreciation expressed through interactive art. Over the past decade, hundreds of studies have documented the social, physical and psychological benefits of practicing gratitude. Even in the midst of adversity, such as coping with a chronic illness or other crisis, a regular practice of gratitude brings the following benefits:
- Increased happiness and life satisfaction
- Boosts feelings of optimism, joy, pleasure, enthusiasm and other positive emotions
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure, reduces symptoms of illness and makes us less bothered by aches and pains
- Encourages us to exercise more and take better care of our health
- Helps us sleep better. If you want to sleep more soundly, count blessings, not sheep!
- Makes us more resilient, encourages forgiveness and compassion
- Engages the community and fosters connections and relationship building within the community
How You Can Get Involved
- Each department/building is invited to house its own Gratitude Stop, a hub in the building transformed into a “graffiti” location. Kits may be viewed and ordered by visiting the Gratitude Graffiti webpage. The Employee Wellness team will send out your kit for easy set up.
- Employees will have a “stop” to creatively engage in a moment of “gratitude” by writing or drawing what they are thankful for and may take in the “art of others” who are sharing their gratitude.
- There are two different Gratitude Graffiti Kit options for departments to choose from. Choose the kit that will work best for your area. Order your kit by March 19.
In preparation for our April Month of Gratitude, gratitude stops should be up by April 2. To order your kit today, simply complete the Gratitude Stop Request Form. If you have questions, please contact Kim Hauge, director of employee wellness, at 330-672-7505 or email@example.com.