Division of Graduate Studies Announces First Dissertation Boot Camp Weekend Retreat
Finding time to concentrate and dedicate to dissertation writing can be difficult, so Kent State University's Division of Graduate Studies is offering its first Dissertation Boot Camp on March 10-12. The boot camp will provide dedicated space and time to allow participants to focus only on writing their dissertations.
Dissertation Boot Camp will give doctoral students:
- A quiet space with computer access (or bring your own laptop)
- Structured time to write
- Access to writing experts from the Department of English
- Meals throughout the entire weekend (in addition to plenty of coffee and snacks)
- The opportunity to meet other doctoral students working on their dissertations
- Resource materials related to research and writing
Priority deadline for registration is Monday, Feb. 27, at 11:59 p.m. The cost of Dissertation Boot Camp is $30. The program will be held at University Library on Friday, March 10, from 5-10 p.m.; Saturday, March 11, from 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; and Sunday, March 12, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information, please contact Kyle Reynolds at 330-672-1466 or kreynol3 [at] kent.edu.