Kent State University Sheds Light on Suicide Prevention Awareness
September is National Suicide Prevention Month. Monday, Sept. 10, is World Suicide Prevention Day.
University Health Services at Kent State University will hold a Mental Health Festival on Sept. 11 from 2-5 p.m. on Risman Plaza. Students will have an opportunity to interact and collect information on the mental health resources that Kent State offers. They can enjoy free refreshments and wellness-based activities such as Zumba and yoga.
Step Up and Speak Out is an effort at Kent State that provides awareness of mental health concerns and supports individuals in need by educating university members of resources available on campus.
For more information about step up and speak out, please visit www.kent.edu/einside/news/step-and-speak-out.
As a reminder, if you or someone you know needs help, take one of the following actions:
- Call 911 for any emergency.
- Call the 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Call one of the 24-hour nurse hotline numbers found at www.kent.edu/stepupspeakout/24-hour-hotlines.
- Use the Crisis Textline by texting 4hope to 741741.
- Call University Health Services at 330-672-2487 to schedule an appointment for mental health counseling.