On The Move Monthly
Find encouraging ways to build purposeful movement that helps your mind and body while boosting your spirit. Join Team Kent State and Coach Sean Foy in our movement to Sit Less and Thrive.
On The Move isn’t your 10K-a-day walking challenge. Sure, that’s a great goal, but there is so much more to having and establishing your purpose for movement and how and when you choose to move. Taking a more holistic approach to wellness, On The Move provides a unique platform where we are able to “connect” with our Kent State University colleagues and peers, assess ourselves, learn, share thoughts, boost our peers and “move.”
Each month is themed with various topics to feed your mind, body and spirit. Just in time for February and Valentine’s Day is this month’s theme, Heart to Heart: Building Relationships. You can join any day, any time. The On The Move platform is compatible with several wearable tracking devices, such as Garmin, Fitbit, Runkeeper, Jawbone UP, iHealth and more. You also may participate without a tracking device simply by entering your physical activity of choice into the On The Move tracking tool.
To join our Kent State team, follow these simple steps to register and set up your profile:
1) Go to https://onthemovemonthly.welcoa.org/signup?code=KentStateMoves, if a registration code is required, enter KentStateMoves.
Here is what you need to know:
- You can track your activity (all movement counts) by linking your device or using the On The Move tracking tool.
- Each week, you will be given unique opportunities to track your physical activity, learn about the benefits of moving more, assess your progress and encourage your co-workers.
- Every action that you perform will earn points.
- New capabilities have been added to compete internally against individuals and/or challenge other departments. More details will follow.
2) Once you set up your profile, bookmark your page at https://onthemovemonthly.welcoa.org and stay connected to your team.
On The Move Monthly is available to all full- and part-time employees. Learn more today and visit our page at www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/move-monthly.
For more information, contact Kim Hauge, director of employee wellness, at 330-672-7505 or Sandra Cole at 330-672-7501. You also may email wellness [at] kent.edu.