New Job Description Website Coming in January
In collaboration with the Division of Information Services, the Human Resources Compensation team has completed a project to update the university’s job description website. The Human Resources and Information Services project team completed development on this project in less than two months using the Agile project methodology, in which roles and responsibilities are shared among the project team. The Division of Human Resources expects the new site to go live in January.
The new website application incorporates several new features for departments, individual employees and other casual users of the website:
- Each job description displays its pay grade and pay range.
- Summary job information is available for each description to assist the user in determining which jobs to view in more detail.
- Enhanced search and filter capabilities.
- Ability to view job descriptions on a mobile device.
- When creating a draft job description using the website application, users have the ability to:
- Add and change job description content;
- Link comments to the job description content for reviewers to address;
- Keep track of the most current draft; and
- See any edits made to the draft from the prior published version.
Employees who are typically involved in the job description process had the opportunity to attend open lab sessions in November to become familiar with the website application. A video tutorial on how to create and revise job descriptions also will be available on the homepage of the website.
Please direct any questions to Vanessa Vesely, compensation manager, at 330-672-8325.