October Health and Wellness Activities
October is National Depression and Mental Health Screening Month. As such, the Employee Wellness Team would like to bring to your attention some of our upcoming events that support mental health not only in October, but throughout the year. National Mental Health Month is the perfect time to “check in” on your mental wellbeing because mental health matters in everything you do.
Here are some highlights for the month. To see a complete list of all Employee Wellness Offerings, visit our digital calendar at www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/current-wellness-offerings.
October highlights include:
- Health Coaching, Oct. 2 and 18; also unlimited telephonic coaching
- Car Seat Safety and Child Fingerprinting, Oct. 3
- The “Science of Healthy: Speaker Series, Oct. 3 and 15
- Mental Health Matters: Depression, Anxiety, and the Road to Recovery webinar, Oct. 4
- Faculty/Staff Health and Wellness Resources Mini Fair, Oct. 8 – 11 (walk-in flu vaccine clinic, blood pressure checks, hearing screenings, mammograms and more.)
- Mini Fair Lunch and Learns
- IMPACT walk-in office hours, Oct. 24
- Lunch and Learn, Stress Reduction Amid Holiday Challenges, Oct. 30
- In-person at 107 Heer Hall, space is limited. Registration is required.
- Streamed version, registration is required.
- Faculty/Staff Lunchtime Yoga, Tuesdays, 12:15-1 p.m.
- Free Fridays at the SRWC, ongoing
This is a great time to remind ALL employees that you also have access to your IMPACT Solutions Employee Assistance Program. You may call IMPACT 24/7 for immediate, confidential assistance at 1-800-227-6007. Learn more about impact online resources at www.myimpactsolution.com. If asked for a member login, enter kent. IMPACT resources are available to all full and part-time employees, any member of your household, dependents living away from home, parents and parents-in-law.
For questions related to health and wellness offerings for Kent State University faculty and staff, please contact Kim Hauge, director, Employee Wellness, at 330-672-7505 or email@example.com.