Performing Arts Center Adds Holiday Classics to Upcoming Event Schedule
The Performing Arts Center at Kent State University at Tuscarawas adds holiday favorites to its packed 2018 lineup of performances. Upcoming shows include Elf the Musical on Nov. 7 at 7:30 p.m. as well as the Tuscarawas Dance Arts Center’s presentation of The Nutcracker, running Dec. 6-9.
Elf the Musical, based on the 2003 film Elf, is part of the Broadway Series and includes songs by Tony Award nominees and winners. “Elf is happy enough for families, savvy enough for city kids and plenty smart for adults,” according to Variety.
The Tuscarawas Dance Arts Center will present its 26th annual production of The Nutcracker, which includes four showings of the performance. Tickets go on sale beginning Oct. 23.
Visitors can also enjoy a free Christmas concert by the Kent State Tuscarawas Band and Choir on Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. The University Band and University Choir is composed of Kent State students, high school students and community members.
Other upcoming shows include:
- Oct. 13: Classical Mystery Tour, one of the foremost Beatles tribute bands
- Oct. 20: Backtrack, an award-winning, five-person a capella group from New York City
- Oct. 23: The S Word, Let’s Talk Suicide, a documentary screening hosted by NAMI of Tusc/Carroll Ohio
- Oct. 27: Blue Drivers, a blues band featuring classics by Muddy Waters, as well as originals
- Oct. 30: Comedian Heather Land’s I Ain’t Doin It Tour
- Nov. 3: Lorrie Morgan, a country songstress who has sold more than 8 million records
- Nov. 9: Rumours of Fleetwood Mac, a tribute band personally endorsed by Mick Fleetwood
- Nov. 14: The Suitcase Junket, one-man-band Matt Lorenz
- Nov. 29 and 30: Sweaters, Stockings, and Stories, a Kent State Tuscarawas Theatre production
- Dec. 15: Franc D’Ambrosio’s Christmas in New York
- Dec. 18: Christmas Wonderland Holiday Spectacular
- Dec. 21: Christmas with Michael W. Smith, Grammy Award-winning and multiplatinum artist
For more information or to register for events at the Performing Arts Center, visit www.kent.edu/tusc/pac/event-listing.