Salary Increase Announced for Unrepresented Employees
The Board of Trustees on May 11, 2016, approved the operating budget for FY 2017. Recognizing the important role our employees play in advancing the goals and objectives outlined in the Strategic Roadmap, the budget includes a 2-percent funding increase for salaries of classified and unclassified employees not represented by a union. This increase will be an across-the-board increase in pay and will become effective on Sept. 1 for eligible employees. The Division of Human Resources has provided the following noteworthy dates as the salary increases are applied:
Classified Employee Pay Increase Timetable
- The pay increase will take effect Aug. 21, 2016, since it is the start of the pay period that includes Sept. 1, 2016. The increase will be reflected in the Sept. 16, 2016 paycheck.
- Employees hired on or after Aug. 21, 2016, will not be eligible for the increase.
- Upon completion of a probationary period, employees hired between May 1, 2016, and Aug. 20, 2016, will be eligible for the pay increase.
- To be eligible for a pay increase, classified employees must have a current satisfactory, signed performance evaluation on file in Human Resources. Employees who receive an overall performance rating of "Needs to Improve" on their evaluation will not receive any pay increase until they reach the "Usually Meets" level of performance.
- Employees must be eligible for a paycheck on Sept. 16, 2016, in order to receive the pay increase.
Unclassified Employees Pay Increase Timetable
- Pay increases for unclassified employees are effective Sept. 1, 2016, and will be reflected in the Sept. 15, 2016, paycheck.
- Employees hired on or after June 1, 2016, will not be eligible for the increase.
- Employees with promotions, market and/or salary adjustments effective on or after June 1, 2016, will be eligible for the pay increase unless indicated otherwise through discussions with the Compensation Department.
- To be eligible for a pay increase, unclassified employees must have a current satisfactory, signed performance evaluation on file in Human Resources. Employees who receive an overall rating of "Unsatisfactory" on their performance evaluation will not receive any pay increase.
- Continuing unclassified employees will be eligible for this pay increase. Grant-funded and term positions will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the applicable department and approved by the appropriate appointing authority through the initiation and processing of appropriate paperwork. However, all of these groups must have met the performance evaluation eligibility criteria as stated above.
- Employees must be eligible for a paycheck on Sept. 15, 2016, in order to receive the pay increase.
The salary increase is just one part of your overall compensation package, which also includes university contributions for health benefits, retirement plans, tuition waiver, vacation and sick leave. For questions regarding compensation, please contact the Compensation office at 330-672-8325 or email@example.com.