The responsibilities of the Assistant to the Chair include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitating communication and collaboration between English faculty at Kent and regional campuses.
- In consultation with the Chair, coordinating peer evaluations of teaching for TT and full-time NTT English faculty at regional campuses.
- Consulting with the Writing Program Coordinator and Undergraduate Studies Coordinator to process requests for part-time pool approval for regional campuses.
- Serving as the Kent campus representative when the Chair convenes the Regional Campuses Committee comprised of the English Coordinators from all campuses.
- Coordinating Kent Campus course schedule with Program Coordinators and Department Administrative Assistant.
- Serving as ex officio non-voting member of FAC (but eligible to stand for election as a voting member of FAC).