Application for Graduate Assistantship
The Kent State Department of English awards a number of Graduate Assistantships (GAs) to qualified applicants.
- The GA for MFA program is for three years, and it includes a stipend, tuition waiver, and partial reimbursement of health insurance.
- GAs who do not have previous experience or training in teaching college writing are required to take a graduate course 'Teaching College English' the summer prior to their appointment.
- GAs in the NEOMFA program teach in the College Writing program.
- If you apply for Fall admission by the priority deadline (January 15) with Kent State as your NEOMFA Gateway, you are automatically considered for a Kent State GA.
- Students who are not offered funding may apply for internal funding during the next admission cycle.
Department of English
Kent State University
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, OH 44242-0001
If you have further questions, please contact Kent State Program Coordinator Prof. Catherine Wing at email@example.com.