- 2.75 overall GPA
- 3.00 in upper division English courses
- Start at the Kent State University Admissions Application site: Apply Now
- At this page scroll down to and click on Graduate Admissions; if you are an international student, click on "International Admissions."
- At this page ("Step 1), select the degree program type you are applying to: i.e. masters or doctoral.
- Read and follow the instructions under Step 2.
DOMESTIC STUDENT APPLICATIONS
Domestic student applications are processed through "Graduate Studies" and all required materials should be sent directly to this address:
Graduate STUDENT APPLICATIONS
Graduate Studies (GS) or e-mail to email@example.com Cartwright Hall 650 Hilltop Drive Kent State University Kent, OH 44242-0001
international STUDENT APPLICATIONS
International student applications are all processed through the Office of Global Educations (OGE):
International Student Admission or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Terrace Hall, 125 Terrace Drive, Kent State University Kent OH 44242-0001
Transcripts must be sent directly by your current institution's Registrar to the appropriate address above. Additional information (such as guidelines for the Statement of Goals) is posted under each program in the department (use links below).
Proceed to "Step 3" which is apply now. Follow the instructions on the subsequent pages. (You may complete part of the application and return later to complete it if you need to do so: information will be saved.)
Your Application will require these materials, sent to GS (or OGE if international applicant):
- 3 letters of recommendation (referees mail or email letters to GS at email@example.com)
- GRE scores not required for teachers who submit proof to the Graduate Coordinator that they are currently working in the field.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (sent directly by your registrar to GS)
- Statement of Focus or Goals (200-500 words; send via mail to GS or submit by pasting into online application form)
- Writing sample is NOT required, but a 10-20 page undergraduate or graduate paper is helpful in evaluating your file (mail to GS)
- Application Fee (Submit online)
Review Application Status
After you have submitted your application, you can always go back to Apply Now (login link at bottom of page) to view the status of your application to view which materials have been received and what is still missing from your application. Only completed applications will be considered for admission and/or assistantships.
Graduate Application Contact Information:
Kent State University
Graduate Studies Coordinator
Kent State University