The Department of English awards a number of Graduate Assistantships (GAs) to qualified applicants.
- The GA carries a yearly stipend of $10,500, tuition waiver, and partial reimbursement of health insurance.
- GAs who do not have previous experience or training in teaching college writing are required to take a graduate course 'Teaching College English' the summer prior to their appointment.
- GAs in the MA in Literature and Writing program teach in the first year writing program.
- If you apply for Fall admission by the priority deadline (January 15), you are automatically considered for a GA.
- Students who apply after the deadline may be considered for a GA. Students who apply for spring or summer admission are not considered for a GA, but students may apply for internal funding during the next admission cycle.
- For full information about GA, see the MA Literature/Writing Program Handbook.