Poster Session Information - 2020
Poster Session Moved Online
The Kent State University Environmental Science and Design Research Symposium invited students, faculty, and professionals to present their research on all environmentally relevant topics.
Despite the alterations to this year's symposium, the symposium planning committee held the poster session and judging online. Graduate students and undergraduates displayed and discussed and their posters their research with investigators from inside and outside the university. Their posters are available for viewing through the Kent State Libraries’ Online Archive system (OAKS).
The poster session was organized by Xiaozhen (Jen) Mou, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Sciences.
Poster Upload Instructions
To upload your poster:
- Please name your poster file as “FirstAuthor’sLastName-FirstAuthor’sFirstInitial_ESDRI” and save two versions of the poster: one PNG and one PDF (the size of each file should not exceed 100 Mb).
- Navigate to the submission portal.
- Check off the box that indicates all authors agreed to the content of the to-be-submitted poster.
- Check off the box that indicates you give permission to put your poster on the ESDRI symposium website.
- Upload the poster in both PNG and PDF formats.
Abstract Submission Instructions
The abstract should condense your large research project into a structured summary description that it provides the reader with a clear picture of your work. The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words. If you would like to submit an abstract for consideration, and have already completed the general registration process, please complete the abstract submission process by February 22. Please review poster session guidelines prior to submitting your abstract.
Abstract / Poster guidelines
- Submissions are open to faculty, students, and staff from universities, companies, or groups conducting environmental work that is relevant to any area related to the environment and sustainability.
- Abstracts will be accepted until February 22, 2020. Notification of abstract acceptance will be emailed to the authors by March 1st, 2020
- Participants must display a poster or creative product that can be viewed by Symposium attendees. Contact the poster organizer to ask if special presentation needs can be accommodated (e.g., multimedia presentations).
- Posters should measure 36”x 48”, and include your organization logo, project title, and name(s) of author(s).
- Easels and a 36”x 48” foam core board will be provided for all poster presentations.
- One or more authors should be present during the entire assigned presentation time.
- Accepted abstracts with a student as first author will be considered for the “Best Poster Award”. Judges will review abstracts to select 15 posters for on-site judging for the final winners.
To ensure that you submit the best possible abstract and poster presentation, check out the resources below:
Please direct any questions about the poster session to Dr. Xiaozhen Mou (email@example.com).