Poster Session Information - 2020
Poster Session Overview
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 22, 2020
The Kent State Environmental Science and Design Research Symposium invites students, faculty, and professionals to present their research. We invite presentations on all environmentally relevant topics.
Poster presentations will be held on March 18 from 10:25-11:00 a.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the KSC Ballroom.
All participants presenting their research must submit an abstract. Abstract submission deadline have been extended to February 22nd. All abstracts must be submitted by this date. Poster abstracts with student first authors are eligible to compete for the “Best Poster Award”.
Register for the event: Any individual or entity that plans to attend or present at this symposium must complete the free general registration process.
Abstract Submission Instructions
The abstract should condense your large research project into a structured summary description that it provides the reader with a clear picture of your work. The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words. If you would like to submit an abstract for consideration, and have already completed the general registration process, please complete the abstract submission process by February 22. Please review poster session guidelines prior to submitting your abstract.
Abstract / Poster guidelines
- Submissions are open to faculty, students, and staff from universities, companies, or groups conducting environmental work that is relevant to any area related to the environment and sustainability.
- Abstracts will be accepted until February 22, 2020. Notification of abstract acceptance will be emailed to the authors by March 1st, 2020
- Participants must display a poster or creative product that can be viewed by Symposium attendees. Contact the poster organizer to ask if special presentation needs can be accommodated (e.g., multimedia presentations).
- Posters should measure 36”x 48”, and include your organization logo, project title, and name(s) of author(s).
- Easels and a 36”x 48” foam core board will be provided for all poster presentations.
- One or more authors should be present during the entire assigned presentation time.
- Accepted abstracts with a student as first author will be considered for the “Best Poster Award”. Judges will review abstracts to select 15 posters for on-site judging for the final winners.
To ensure that you submit the best possible abstract and poster presentation, check out the resources below:
Please direct any questions about the poster session to Dr. Xiaozhen Mou (email@example.com).