- According to Crain's Cleveland Business, Kent State is one of the 100 largest Northeast Ohio employers.
- Kent State is also the largest employer in Portage County.
- Kent State Receives Highest Possible Score as an LGBTQ-Friendly Campus
- Kent State received recognition as one of the Top 5 Most Active employers in the country
- Kent State named one of America’s top employers
- Kent State earns Top 10 Most Active Employers Honor
- One of the healthiest universities in the nation
- Kent State ranked high as an LGBTQ-friendly campus 4.5 out of 5 on the Campus Pride Index
- 60,000 pounds of leftover food provides 18,000+ nutritious meals for the community through the student-run Campus Kitchen
- 24% energy use reduction on the Kent Campus since 2004
- 500+ staff are LGBTQ Safe Space Allies in the eight-campus system
- 450+ Mothers, Mentors & Muses honorees