Kent State University has received several conference awards, including the Reese Trophy, the Jacoby Trophy, the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup and Coach of the Year. The list below reflects those received since 2014.
The Reese Trophy honors annually the top MAC men’s athletic program. The Reese Trophy is named after former MAC Commissioner David E. Reese. Reese was the first-ever MAC Commissioner and served the conference from its inception in 1946 until 1964. For the Reese Trophy, points are awarded based on each school’s finish, with the overall total divided by the number of sports sponsored by each school.
- 2017-18, 4th place
- 2016-17, 8th place
- 2015-16, 3rd place
- 2014-15, 5th place
The Jacoby Trophy honors annually the top MAC women’s athletic program. The Jacoby Trophy is named after former MAC Commissioner Fred Jacoby. Jacoby was the MAC Commissioner from 1971-82 and is credited with incorporating women’s athletics into the conference structure. For the Jacoby Trophy, points are awarded based on each school’s finish, with the overall total divided by the number of sports sponsored by each school.
- 2017-18, 3rd place
- 2016-17, 2nd place
- 2015-16, 1st place
- 2014-15, 2nd place
Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup
The Learfield Directors' Cup is awarded annually to the nation's best overall collegiate athletics program.
- 2017-18, 294.25 pts.; 75th overall/1st in MAC
- 2016-17, 400 pts; 61st overall/1st in MAC
- 2015-16, 151 pts; 113th overall/2nd in MAC
- 2014-15, 201.50 pts; 95th overall/2nd in MAC
Coach of the Year
- Women's Golf, Greg Robertson (2019)
- Field Hockey, Kathleen Wiler (2015, 2016)
- Women’s Soccer, Rob Marinaro (2016)
- Women’s Basketball, Todd Starkey (2017)
- Gymnastics, Brice Biggin (2016, 2018)
- Baseball, Jeff Duncan (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Men’s Golf, Herb Page (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Women’s Golf, Greg Robertson (2015, 2017, 2018)
- Softball, Karen Linder (2015), Eric Oakley (2016)