1. Faculty are required to advise and counsel undergraduate and graduate students on academic matters. General advising at the undergraduate level is coordinated by the Undergraduate Advisor who serves as the College representative for College and University functions related to undergraduate programs and activities. Individual faculty members are responsible for providing academic counseling to undergraduate students assigned to them and to other undergraduate students who seek such advice, as needed. Student advising at the graduate level is conducted by the student's assigned "specialization area” faculty advisor and, as applicable, the student’s thesis committee members.