The name of the organization governed by this CAE Handbook shall be the Kent State University College of Aeronautics and Engineering Faculty Organization.
- Membership in the Faculty Organization.
- Full-time faculty of academic rank who hold tenured, or tenure-track, or non-tenure-track appointments at the University, and who are represented by the Kent State University Tenured/Tenure-Track Collective Bargaining Unit or by the Full-Time Non-Tenure Track Collective Bargaining Unit, are members of the CAE Faculty Organization.
- The purposes of the College of Aeronautics and Engineering Faculty Organization are:
- To provide organizational structure for faculty governance;
- To adopt governance procedures and to provide committees necessary for the operation of the College, subject to the approval of the Dean and other University authorities;
- To organize, make, and execute decisions concerning the educational programs of the CAE within the policies of the University;
- To act as an advisory and recommendatory body to the Dean and the College Advisory Committee (CAC) on academic matters central to the mission and goals of the CAE.