Faculty Grievance and Appeal Procedure
- The faculty member and the Dean of the CAE shall attempt to resolve issue(s) informally before proceeding to a formal grievance.
- Any faculty member who believes that he/she may have a grievance is required, before initiating a formal grievance or appeal, to talk with the Dean about any issue(s) of concern. The Dean may seek the advice and recommendation of individual faculty members or faculty advisory groups in seeking informal resolution of a dispute or complaint.
- Faculty grievances that are not directly related to the terms or conditions of employment and are not academic appeals are appropriately addressed within the College, whenever possible. The Dean and/or faculty members will initiate an informal dialogue with all parties involved in a dispute and strive to reach a resolution agreeable to all parties.
- Kent State University maintains a formal Grievance and Appeals Procedure established by the Collective Bargaining Agreements between Kent State University and the American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
- Formal procedures for addressing grievances affecting the terms and conditions of employment of faculty are described in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Disputes involving substantive academic judgments are subject to a separate academic appeals process governed by the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.