- All full-time tenured/tenure-track faculty (Faculty) members in the College are expected to carry a maximum workload of twenty-four (24) credit hours per academic year. Workload equivalents may be included in a Faculty member’s workload as described in this section.
- All full-time non-tenure track faculty (FTNTT Faculty) members are expected to carry a maximum workload of thirty (30) credit hours per academic year. If an FTNTT Faculty member’s letter of appointment specifies a twelve-month contract, he/she will be assigned a workload of thirty credit hours during the academic year and additional duties required to support the twelve-month contract as specified in his/her annual letter of appointment and/or workload statement, as applicable. Workload equivalents may be included in an FTNTT Faculty member’s workload as described in this section.
- The workload for each full-time CAE faculty member is assigned by the Dean, in consultation with the Academic Program Coordinators/Directors and the CAC. Workload equivalents for assigned administrative duties, research activity, advising, and other assigned duties shall be determined by the Dean, in consultation with the CAC. The Dean shall provide each full-time faculty member with a statement of her/his workload for each term of the academic year and summer session, in accordance with the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Each full-time faculty member shall acknowledge receipt of the workload statement by signing the workload statement and returning the signed document to the Dean’s office within five (5) working days.
- In the event that the faculty member disagrees with the workload assignment, he/she will notify the Dean’s office within five (5) working days of receipt, and the faculty member shall schedule a meeting with the Dean, or his/her designee, to attempt to resolve the issue informally. In the event that the issue is not resolved informally, the faculty member may follow the procedures described in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.