The Associate Dean reports to the Dean. The Dean may appoint a senior, tenured Faculty member to be the Associate Dean, after consultation with the CAC. Associate Dean holds a full-time administrative appointment for the duration of the assignment.
The Associate Dean may act as the Dean’s designate and chairs the CCC The Associate Dean chairs the Student Academic Complaint Committee (SACC), and has responsibility for the following functions:
- Represents the Dean as requested on various University committees, councils, advisories (e.g., Admissions Advisory, Scholarship Advisory, Registrar’s Advisory, Shared Services Advisory).
- Represents the College at the Assistant and Associate Deans Council.
- Oversees, with the College’s Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) or Undergraduate Program Coordinators, the implementation of University and College recruitment programs.
- Oversees, with the College’s Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s), the security of student records, grading standards and processes.
- Assists the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) in implementing University initiatives including the Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP) and internal program assessment.
- Assists the Associate/Assistant Dean(s) for Program(s) in implementing diversity recruitment goals and standards.
- Aids in the development of College or program recruitment materials, as requested.
- Assists the College Advancement Officer with the development of public relations activities, newsletters, and alumni events.
- Assists the Dean in monitoring the budgets of the College, scholarships, and awards.
- Represents the College at meetings, as designated by the Dean.
- Promotes the lecture series, exhibitions, external reviews, student organizations, and internships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.